i stumbled upon this re-post tonight, thanks to an email from my "family." i needed this. badly.
i was particularly influenced by the first "way" to love yourself:
"sit down in a quiet, cozy space, enjoying the silence or listening to
your fave music, and ask yourself what you believe, what you value, what
your dreams are and what gifts you bring into this world."
it's no secret that i've been a bit blue lately. i decided that it's time to reevaluate my life. . .
1. i believe that life is worth living. that each day is a gift.
2. i believe that my job matters. that adults become better parents, and better teachers, because of what i do.
3. i believe that my presentations will lead to a greater understanding of child abuse, of neglect, and of safe sleeping environment.
4. it is my belief (and hope) that this will lead to less heartache in this world.
5. i believe that i have a purpose on this earth. a calling.
6. i believe that i am a strong voice for the rights of children. i believe in nonprofit work.
7. i believe that i am a strong woman. i am no longer a doormat.
8. i believe that everything in my life has led me to where i am now. [likewise, i believe that david came on that one spring break church trip to lead us back to each other 14 years later ;)] i am stronger for it.
9. i value love in its purest form--accepting flaws and quirks and everything else.
10. i value a good day's work. of giving it all you have.
11. i value my freedom to choose my beliefs, my job, my spouse, and my values.
12. i value those who have fought for this freedom.
13. i value the close relationships that i have at this time: my family, my friends, my ZTA sisters (yes, HGN, this includes YOU!), and my friends/coworkers. thank you for accepting and supporting me...
14. i value my tuesday night ladies (so disappointed i felt too crummy to come this week!!!). A LOT!
15. i value life, in general.
16. i dream of being a good wife. from the beginning until the end...
17. i dream of being a good mommy. one day.
18. i dream of being the best grandmother. ever! [ no offense vicci and linda ;) --i know YOU will both be THE BEST in our kiddos' lives!]
19. i dream of growing old with my sexy, smart, and absolutely, positively AMAZING husband
20. i dream of being the coolest aunt. period. [yep-hint, hint, sissy!...and, eventually, my brothers-in-law!]
21. to this world, i bring a love for children. every color, shape, size, etc.
22. to this world, i bring a respect for life.
23. to this world, i bring a respect for those who actively support those with a mental illness/trauma [family, obviously, but also old friends, "sisters," and colleagues (you know who you are-NSW, LHN and LF) and, seriously, if you haven't check out my gal nic, you need to...like, now...]
24. to this world, i bring hope: that, even in your darkest hour, there is something better waiting for you. it may not be on "our time," but it awaits, nonetheless...
dear life: thanks for choosing me!