craftiness. insanity. life.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

screaming.

wells is 14 weeks old. three months, two weeks. and we can't imagine life without him. funny how a tiny being that weighs less than ten pounds can rock your entire world, huh?

he's so alert, this child of mine. it frustrates me to no end, but shouldn't surprise me. i can't turn it off myself. why do I expect him to be able to do it so easily? :sigh.:

"i love you, little man." daddy hovers over you. not caring about the stress you produce. longing to simply hear an "oh" out of you....

and it's so easy, this parent-child relationship. wells can spit up, poop, pee, scream at us...but, it doesn't matter: we love him because he is a part of us. and isn't that how God sees us? why is it so hard for me to accept?

i don't have the answer. not yet; maybe not ever.

what i do know is this: at these times, my strong boy seems completely inconsolable. rigid.  irate.  stiff.  unyielding. but after just a few "drinks" from me he is calm.  peaceful.

THIS is what i want. crave. need to accept: oh, that i may soon drink of peace...and live in calm.

Zephaniah 3:17

"For the Lord your God is living among you.
    He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.    With his love, he will calm all your fears.[a]    He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

No comments: