craftiness. insanity. life.

Monday, January 13, 2014

growing. in awe. complete awe.

i have a 15 month old son. who is wild. running around. pointing to everything he wants named. literally wakes up in the crib pointing. is trying his best to communicate. is testing limits. is remembering conversations. who loves to touch his hair on command. who loves to have his hair blown as i am blowdrying my own. who points to every "light" and "hat" he sees.

and who constantly amazes me. amazes and humbles me to my core.

i have been rightly limited in my experiences. to see he who is excited by a cup of milk. a hug. the stacking of blocks. the splashing of water. the blow of bubbles. the spoonful of yogurt. the joy of a shower. the freedom of running through the yard.

oh wells, how much you may try me, how much you have grounded me.

to see through innocent eyes the wonders of every day. (to experience the world without any expectations. to see a flow of bubbles for the "upteenth" time and still exclaim, with arms open wide and pure amazement on my face, "OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!)

yes, i envy my son. the complete "unjadedness" (yes, that's my own word) of his small 15 months. to not really have a care in this world...how great that must be...

but, as i was reminded this sunday:

Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

joy. true joy. wow. a hard concept but what a blessing it could be...

oh my, how greatly my Lord knows me. HE knows the struggles of full-time motherhood. HE loves me-- to show me the word "grow" here once again... i stand in awe. complete awe.


No comments: