craftiness. insanity. life.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

grow.

grow. this is my word for 2014.

i want growth. i want to grow. i want my son to grow. i want my husband to grow. i want my marriage to grow. and, yes, i want my family to grow.

i read this incredible blog post on wednesday and knew i needed to be a part of it.

in true kimberly style, i could not narrow it down to just one verse on which to meditate. then, in overachiever VERY TRUE kimberly style, i felt the need to apply the concept to me and david too. yes, all three of us with a verse. well, yes, as you can imagine, i found two for each of us (i can't help it: i am HORRIBLE with choices. i don't think it's such a bad thing--most of the time).

so (drum roll, please) here they are:

Wells
Psalm 111:10
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise him forever!

Proverbs 15:32
If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding.

as we enter the toddler years, this seems to be VERY appropriate. . .

David
Romans 1:11
For I long to visit you so I can bring you some spiritual gift that will help you grow strong in the Lord.

2 Peter 1:2
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

i want my husband to have peace and focus on his gift, to hone in on it.

Me
Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

i need strength. strength to believe in myself. and thankfulness. yes, thankfulness to keep me grounded. and positive. and present.

in addition, i have accepted ann's challenge. i am filling my blessings jar (Jeremiah 17:7) with "gift slips" according to her calendar (i failed miserable last year and want MORE in 2014). will you do the same? please?

No comments: